Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
I have an Apple Mac computer and when I try to launch a Burrell ordering program nothing happens. They used to work before January 31, 2013. What’s going on and how do I fix this?
A: As of January 31, 2013, Apple has removed Java version 6 from the safe downloads list maintained in all Apple operating systems due to recent security flaws in Java reported over the last two weeks. This has affected banks, newspapers, and many other industries besides ours that have software based on Java. More specifically, they have pushed the allowed Java all the way up to Java version 7 update 11.
This affects all the Burrell ordering applications (Burrell Digital Printing, Burrell Press, Burrell Prints, Burrell Books – Albums, and PrintItEvents) because they all require Java to start and run. Java is a software component that has to be installed and enabled on Apple Mac Operating Systems (Microsoft Windows too, by the way) for these applications to operate. If Java can’t start, then these ordering programs won’t run.
So, how do you fix the problem?
The safest thing to do is to take some action to upgrade to Java version 7 (update 11 or later) so that your computer is still secure and the programs that need Java will have it available to run. Here are a couple of important things to know:
• Java updates newer than version 6 update 37 are no longer available for 10.6.x (Snow Leopard).
• Java updates, including version 7 update 11, are available for Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) and 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
Here is a list of code names for the different Mac operating systems:
Release Codename (Release Date)
10.4 Tiger (April 2005)
10.5 Leopard (October 2007)
10.6 Snow Leopard (August 2009)
10.7 Lion (July 2011)
10.8 Mountain Lion (July 2012)
Try one of these methods to correct the problem:
1. Install the latest update to Java version 7 (update 11 or later). Get it at www.java.com or you may find a link in the support section of the Apple website for OS and software downloads.
2. If your system will not allow you to install Java 7 or its not available (because you are still on Mac OS 10.6.x or earlier), then upgrade your Mac OS to 10.7 or 10.8 and then get the latest update to Java version 7.
3. If you cannot upgrade to Mac OS 10.7 or 10.8 because of hardware limitations, then update your hardware and install version 10.7 or 10.8 first. Then get the latest update to Java version 7.
4. If you are not able to upgrade your Mac OS or update your hardware and you cannot run the Burrell ordering software, then contact us.
I upgraded to Java version 7 on my Windows 7 or Vista OS and now I cannot launch the Burrell Digital Printing Application?
A: 1. Click the Start Menu button and in the search field, type "cmd" but do not hit the 'Enter' key.
2. Under programs a "cmd.exe" icon should appear. (the .exe file extension may not appear depending on your computers settings)
3. Right-click on "cmd.exe", choose "Run as administrator"
4. Click 'Yes' in the security dialog. (The security dialog may not appear depending on your security settings)
5. Copy and paste the following into the command window: netsh advfirewall set global StatefulFtp disable
6. Press 'Enter' on the keyboard. In the command window, You should see: "Ok." The issue will now be fixed and you will be able to submit orders through ROES once more.
I upgraded to Java version 7 on my Windows 7 or Vista OS and now I cannot send orders from the Burrell Digital Printing Application?
A: Follow the same instructions for correcting the Java 7 launch problem above.
AVG Issue: The Burrell Digital Printing download starts but the progress bar stalls downloading / verifying application.
If after a fresh start of Burrell Digital Printing, the download may stall when trying to go back out to the web for verification of the signed propgram files. This is being caused by AVG's security application, specifically the Link Scanner module. Disabling the Link Scanner (unchecking the boxes that enable it) allows the fresh start to finish and launch properly.
AVAST FREE VERSION Issue: I cannot send an order from the Burrell Digital Printing software.
1. Start Avast Free Antivirus by right-clicking on your avast icon in your system tray and choose “Open avast! user interface”
2. Click on “REAL-TIME SHIELDS”, then click on “Web Shield”, click on “Expert Settings” and click on “Exclusions”
3. Check the box labeled “Processes to exclude:”
4. Click “browse” and find the path to the file “javaw.exe” This is the ROES engine that must be excluded from Virus scans.
• If you are using Java 7, this will be the path: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe
• If you are using Java 6, this will be the path: C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe
• If you are using a 64-bit version of Windows your path may be: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe
5. Click “OK” to apply your changes.
6. Close ROES and reopen it. Your orders should now upload as normal.
AVAST INTERNET SECURITY Issue: I cannot send an order from the Burrell Digital Printing software.
1. Right-click on the Avast icon in your system tray and choose “Open Avast User Interface”
2. Click on “FIREWALL”, then click on “Application Rules”
3. Find “Sun Microsystems, Inc” on the list of applications, and click on it.
4. Find “Java Web Start” and click on the gold icons to the right until you have all 5 lit. It should read “All Connections.”
5. Close Avast.
6. Close ROES and reopen it. Your orders should now upload as normal.
I am unable to launch Burrell Digital Printing, error Details list: Unsigned resource
This issue began with the release of Java 7 update 5 and Windows 7 or Vista. From Windows Control Panel, open Java to get to the Java Control Panel and click Settings at the bottom of the General tab under Temporary Internet Files. Click Delete, make sure all 3 boxes are checked, and click OK to clear the Java cache (this will remove all Java applications from your system but leave the preferences and saved files intact). Once it completes, OK out back to Control Panel, then visit the lab's web site to start Burrell Digital Printing fresh from the link.
I’m on a Macintosh. Why are my TIFF files coming into Digital Printing with polarized colors?
A:As long as your images look good in Photoshop they will print fine here at the lab. The polarized color is from the older MAC OS image read library and the way TIFF files are read for security. The Burrell Digital Printing program uses the MAC image library to display images. Your files are fine and will print normal.
Does Burrell have Burrell Digital Printing on CD so that I can install right from a CD as opposed to a download?
A: We recommend downloading Burrell Digital Printing from our download link, however, if a CD is required, we do have a CD version available that will help but some parts of the program will still need to be downloaded from the web. You'll need to have a connection to the internet while launching the setup CD. To acquire this CD, please contact us by calling (800) 348-8732.
How much memory is allocated to Burrell Digital Printing?
A: The amount of RAM that is allocated to Burrell Digital Printing is 512M. Remember that you need twice as much RAM as the file size. So, the largest file you may bring in to Burrell Digital Printing is about 150 MB before it locks up. RAM limits 250k so only 500MB of selected images will open at once.
I received an error that says “broken pipe”… what is that?
A: A “Broken Pipe” error means that the connection between Burrell Digital Printing on your computer and our system has been dropped or interrupted. You may need to call your Internet Service Provider (ISP). What does “send errored” mean? A: “Send errored” means that while you were uploading to the lab your Internet connection timed out and the lab has not received your completed order.
When I come home from work at 4:30 my computer and Burrell Digital Printing said the order had not gone through and it was timed out. How do I know what went through and what did not?
A: If your connection timed out, then the order was likely unsuccessful. Something happened to your ISP that lost the connection. Login and go to Queued orders and resend the order. If it says that it is being used by another process, then we have an incomplete order. This must be deleted before you resend. The order will automatically delete itself if not completed within about an hour.
Where are my Burrell Digital Printing orders located?
A: When you have completed an order it is saved for 15 days in your .Burrell folder located at C:\Documents and Settings\user name\.Burrell (.BurrellPIN).
I can’t always find the products and options I am looking for in the Burrell Digital Printing program. Is there an easier way to find and look at your products?
The easiest way to view products in ROES is to open the sizes pallet window. This can be opened by selecting the “Sizes” button and selecting “Show Sizes Pallete” from the drop down menu. This action will open the Sizes Pallet window for easier viewing of products.
How do I add more pages to a book?
Adding additional pages to a book is done by clicking on the “+” buttons on either side of the page turning buttons in a book product. You must be inside the book to add pages (pages cannot be added to the cover or inside cover of a book product). Not all books allow additional pages in the products (The “+” buttons will not be active).
How close can I get to the guide lines you show in your product layouts?
Guide lines shown in our product layouts are “Trim lines” this is where our cutter will approximately be cutting your finished product. Staying inside these guides will prevent objects in your image from being cut off. When building a product try to keep critical objects a minimum of an 1/8th inch from the guides in ROES. (To maximize your products accuracy, download the products bleed guide .PSD from our website).
1311 Merrillville Road Crown Point, IN 46307 219-663-3210 800-348-8732 Fax 219-662-0915Contact Business ConsultantsSecure Email Login